Sign in to follow this  
illuminarti

Ultimaker 2 - Volume per Second

Posted · Ultimaker 2 - Volume per Second

Can anyone from Ultimaker, or anyone with a UM2 already who has analyzed it in detail (Joergen?) give us some sort of idea on the maximum volumetric throughput of the extruder at at least some typical printing temperatures for PLA and ABS?

It would be very helpful when trying to diagnose folks' extrusion-related problems...

Ha! I bet you are a bit frustrated that you don't have your UM2 yet!

Hey welcome. Make yourself at home. Chips and beere are in the corner. Be sure to reserve a seat since the club house will become crowded very soon ;)

and me....i think its the 152.345.693 time i refresh the order page ... :oops: :oops: :oops: and still "ready"...

Joergen seems to be very busy these days, but I'll ping him about possibly responding to your query in this thread. Joergen did report the throughput to me but he also drills out his nozzles (or uses larger ones from MG) so I'd rather he answer your question here and provide any details himself, if he has time to make a quick post.

Can anyone from Ultimaker, or anyone with a UM2 already who has analyzed it in detail (Joergen?) give us some sort of idea on the maximum volumetric throughput of the extruder at at least some typical printing temperatures for PLA and ABS?

It would be very helpful when trying to diagnose folks' extrusion-related problems...