Ultimaker S5 stops middle print

UPCaeliVia

Posted · Ultimaker S5 stops middle print

I had this issue and it's not the first time on this UMS5. I prepare the print with the last version of Cura (4.3.0) and then upload it via Cloud. 24h prints, so it is a long print and after almost 12h the printer stops and says "print complete", while it is just at the middle. Do you know something about this? The first try of course will be to print via the USB pen, but this has happened only during very long prints. May be the Cura slicer? Or the data connection (cloud) that made an error?

I've never heard of such behavior before. I don't think it has anything to do with the cloud either, because even if you start your print job via the cloud function, the GCode file is transferred to the printer first. 

I would print once with the USB stick to see if the error occurs again.

• 9 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Ultimaker S5 stops middle print

Hi UlrichC,

No I couldn’t set it up, when entering the code the printer took it but didn’t appear on Digital Factory.

Right now the printer is not connected to WiFi or Ethernet. Should I disable digital factory altogether?

If the price to pay for additional connectivity is inexplicable failed prints I’ll reject that deal every time.

Thanks,

RM

Edited by rmerlo

Hello

I just wanted to ask.
    Because you can cancel the printer through the Digital Factory. Theoretically, a browser can do that without you noticing. This is normal technology with normal problems.

I have the same printer but fortunately I don't have that problem. I had the problem once with an old Ultimaker. Back then, about two years ago, it was a bug with the firmware. Now of course I hope that a solution for your problem will be found.

I don't work for Ultimaker. So I can't tell you what you can do.
    But I can try to think of what I would do.

If I have USB printing and an abort...
    Maybe USB got a bug.
    I'd try printing over ethernet. Because the Ethernet printer stores the entire print job internally.

If you're not using the digital factory, I'd disable that. If your wireless isn't working,I'd disable that,too. The digital factory only works over network and internet anyway. I had also deactivated that until I found my problems. It sounds logical to me, the people of Ultimaker find it bizarre. It can't hurt.

Otherwise...
    If I were you, I would create the logs on the printer and use the support. There's a form at the top of the page. Of course I don't know if they can help you. Anyway, this might get you in touch with the right people at Ultimaker.

Good luck.

The only time i have had this problem was after i picked to try a print again from the printer after i had cancelled a print, but it was only a one off and it because stopped the print after only a few min.

All my files i send via cloud and i have never had it apart from that once.

5 minutes ago, Carla_Birch said:

All my files i send via cloud and i have never had it apart from that once.

You mean network?

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker S5 stops middle print
    6 minutes ago, UlrichC-DE said:

You mean network?

No i send from my iMac via the Cloud and not direct from the iMac to the printer via my local network. The cloud as the benifit of seeing the images of the print queue when away from local network, and when you have more than one printer and a good number of print jobs queued, it really helps seeing so can better manage the print queue.

Edited by Carla_Birch
    • Like 1

Thanks for the information.
    Found it. If it works better with this, I'm gonna try it.

cloud.jpg

Little update.

Now I had the same problem. In my case, it was via cloud.

A 36 hour print job stopped after about 16 hours.

Once again 300Gram Nylon for the fish🙂

I think it could be network problems. So if the internal buffer/cash overflows.

I hadn't turned off the printer in two weeks. I can't do that because I have MS. Unfortunately, since the latest firmware release, MS has Alzheimer's. It doesn't remember the fill levels of the filament rolls, but sets them all to empty.

I created a support ticket. I'm hoping this time it'll be quicker than three weeks. Maybe the problem will be fixed sometime.

Many greetings

Christian

Update: 

Started the print via network, everything was fine until I decided to check up on it 9 hrs into the print.

When I checked the print over digital factory I found it literally printing in thin air, the head moving and extruding but the bed was in the lowest position.

This is ridiculous.

9C04C62D-7A26-4F4D-ABD0-33325DE444AD.png