0scar

Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

My Cura 4.3.0 keeps crashing on me just after the GUI has loaded (my apologies to the Cura development team for reporting so much crashes...). Removing all the files from local and roaming gets me further, I get into selecting a printer and see that it fails there. If I select the printer from the network (Ultimaker 3 Extended) the program crashes, but when I select the same printer from the list, Cura continues. Have not tried to print anything as I lost all material profiles.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? How to proceed further to connect the network printer?

This window pops up when I connect the network printer:

image.thumb.png.89f153af9fe76cf0a0d9182c62c6569d.png

Edited by 0scar
Added crash window

Posted · Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

I've fixed this for 4.4. The beta should be out soon-ish. I saw the crashes, but couldn't actually reproduce it. So could you re-test this with the beta once it's out?

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

No problem to test it out, PM me for a pre public release (if necessary). Another department at work have a 3E and an S5, so I can ask them to also test if possible (I believe they are still on 4.2).

Edited by 0scar
typo
  • Like 1

Posted · Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E
On 10/31/2019 at 5:06 PM, nallath said:

I've fixed this for 4.4. The beta should be out soon-ish. I saw the crashes, but couldn't actually reproduce it. So could you re-test this with the beta once it's out?

I have installed the 4.4 Beta. I'm able to re-establish the connection with the printer and can print again. Thanks for your help!

Note that 4.3.0 did work for our other department on their UM3E and UM5S, but somehow not on our identical UMS3.

• Like 1