Mark 2 With Cura 4-4 Settings

Posted · Mark 2 With Cura 4-4 Settings

hope some one can help me hear,  got my Mark 2 printing with cura 4-4 don't know what I have done hear but,  when printing dual head it will print with head 1 and go to prime tower do a layer then back to the main print ect, BUT when the second head comes into play it will print 2 layers,  then change heads (hd1) go to prime tower do 1 circuit on prime tower then change  to (hd2) and will carry on how do I stop it from just changing head do a prime tower print then swap back>>>

my first print is looking quiet ugly heavy retraction marks ect on the outer surface,, and advise welcome...

hears a picture if you look at the prime tower its only red while printing Red Material sections,  but when its printing the Green sections  the prime tower is red and green how do I stop this..where have I gone wrong... 

screen Cura Print.jpg

That's the standard behavior of the prime tower since several Cura versions, i guess it's (somehow) intended? 🤷‍♂️

You can enable "Compact Prime Tower", this works better for dual color prints (IMHO).

In addition i would place the prime tower closer to the model and preferable between the extruder pre-heat position in the front and the model (more direct traveling path).

What are "retraction marks"? Can you show a picture?

compact_prime_tower.thumb.png.cd06ffe41f63bbb3e8ed2436f7705ace.png

• Like 1

Tinkergnome,

thanks for the reply, I think that's ridiculous bring the left head for a 4 second print every two layers who on earth thought that was good, unbelievably bad,   I looked at my cura (4-4) setting's  and cant find Compact,  I only have 7 setting for prime tower

1 enable prime tower

2 prime tower size

3 Prime tower Min Volume

4 Prime tower X position

5 Prime Tower Y Position

6 Wipe Inactive Nozzle on Prime Tower

7 Prime Tower Brim

I tried 6 on and off made no difference I now understand why,,

Below is a picture of my print , I will experiment with the position of the model / Prime tower tomorrow I moved it to the right for some reason the head was ploughing of my print to change head / prime tower/// any more advise welcome..

InkedCura_LI.jpg

1 hour ago, bob-hepple said:

I looked at my cura (4-4) setting's  and cant find Compact,  I only have 7 setting for prime tower

i use the Cura releases from @burtoogle, maybe "Compact Prime Tower" is only available for those (dunno) 🤷‍♂️