Monoprice mini v2 - initial x,y offset and layer start

WCOkeefe

Posted · Monoprice mini v2 - initial x,y offset and layer start

New to 3d printing...

I currently have both the offset and layer start x and y set to 0.0

On every model at the end of the print the printer tries to put the nozzle into the tower, this also happens if I cancel a print job before it starts printing. 

The models are centered on the plate just fine.

am i doing something wrong?

Posted (edited) · Monoprice mini v2 - initial x,y offset and layer start

It is trying to move it in the direction of the tower. Makes a chattering noise once it reaches the belt stop and keeps trying to move towards the tower.

And thank you for replying.

Edited by WCOkeefe

14 hours ago, WCOkeefe said:

Issue fixed. I had a friend come in and show me what was happening. He corrected a setting (i don't remember which one now). 

Would be interesting to me (and maybe others as well) which setting it was - could you ask him?

I asked and he doesn't remember which of the dozens of changes he made would have fixed the issue.  Apparently I was doing a lot of things wrong, as expected of a newbie to 3d printing, using a printer that has very little documentation.  One of the things he said was that I needed to be using "expert" mode so that I had access to all the settings instead of the few default ones.

The other big change we made was getting a windows laptop connected to it instead of the Mac.