Authenticating Ultimaker 3 with HTTPDigest & Python3 requests lib

nicholairank

Posted · Authenticating Ultimaker 3 with HTTPDigest & Python3 requests lib

Hello, as title says, not having success figuring out HTTPDigest.

Below I've attached both the code I'm trying to use and all the results I could think to log.

Curiously I cannot get put requests working via the API at all, attempting to rename my printer has resulted in it now being called "none"?

I did successfully retrieve and validate a key/password pair though.

I'm trying to change the LED colour with a python script, any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

pyres.PNG

pycode.PNG

9 hours ago, nicholairank said:

I'm trying to change the LED colour with a python script, any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated 🙂

@Daid uses a session object in his demo script, dunno if it makes a difference.

The code examples in the "Inside..." topics are a bit scrambled since one of the forum updates.

Here is the demo script in a usable state:

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/30437-trying-to-find-a-command-that-changes-the-current-state-of-the-printer-from-printing-to-pause-and-vice-versa/?do=findComment&comment=252483

11 hours ago, nallath said:

Did you already check these topics?

Yeah I'd already been over Daid's docs, thanks though.

8 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

@Daid uses a session object in his demo script, dunno if it makes a difference.

The code examples in the "Inside..." topics are a bit scrambled since one of the forum updates.

Here is the demo script in a usable state:

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/30437-trying-to-find-a-command-that-changes-the-current-state-of-the-printer-from-printing-to-pause-and-vice-versa/?do=findComment&comment=252483

This is ridiculously handy, thanks a heap, have the example working so I guess I'll build from there, cheers 🙂

New questions / issues with running a print job however:

image.png.b628af6815837daa04af7d13542513e8.png

image.thumb.png.359e3d9e07abaa8897bf8b9389f1d775.pngimage.thumb.png.66d71c824a9fa418121439f0457571ea.png

Actually printing through this has proven quite difficult. I now get a 200 response code but nothing occurs on the printer...