Can anyone recommend a PVA brand?

Esseff

Posted · Can anyone recommend a PVA brand?

I'm looking for a decent PVA i.e. one that prints well (usually a pita with the PVAs I've used so far) and dissolves properly without leaving globs on the print. What I've seen on Amazon all have poor reviews.

1.75mm please. Printing with PLA.

I use PolyDissolve from Polymaker in combination with the Polybox (Drybox) from Polymaker. In my opinion the support dissolve faster in water and it has a better "look" than the PVA from Ultimaker. But thats the only brands i used so far.

But most of the time i use Breakaway from Ultimaker as the support material. It is easy to print and remove. But i dont know if their is anything like this with 1.75mm

I'm pretty happy with (PrimaSelect PVA+)

Proes:
    it's fairly easy to dissolve in water, even cold water (room temperature).
    and its not so sensitive to ambient moist as some other brands.

Does not string "relatively"

reasonable layer bonding at low print tempters.

Cons:
    Expensive compared to other pva brands.

can get fragile/porous over time. 

"Don't think it will make a difference. But I only use the 2.85mm variant."

I use Polymaker dissolve S1 material, works very good with all my materials, Pla, Tough Pla, Copa, Carbon fibre...

It is extremely important to keep it dry! I use 2 Polyboxes, but often i only cut the needed length plus some extra, and reseal the bag with the rest. Works fine. Always a little waste, but never had any fail since i used this method. (in fact, i do this with most of my moisture sensitive material)

So bottom line, if you experience problems, first make sure all is dry! (my PVA does not stand more that 24 hour without being to humid to print)