There should be an option to reverse any and all of the axes.

T1_L

Posted · There should be an option to reverse any and all of the axes.

I have a Prusa i3, and for some reason, it thinks that right is left and vice versa. So when the extruder hits the x endstop, it tries to go the opposite direction, but just keeps going into the endstop. I scoured settings for a motor reversal setting, and it isn't there. I would love it if it was put into the app in the future.

Firstly, one word of advice, you probably have much better chances of someone being able to help you with your problem if you post it in a Prusa Forum, not the Ultimaker Forum.

Secondly: Are you sure the motor is wired/plugged in correctly? Sounds like a hardware issue to me...

I moved your posting to the Cura section, because your posted in Firmware.

But Cura has some Prusa profiles and they work out of the box. I did a test with my Prusa and Cura and had no problems.

Are you sure you have selected the correct profile in Cura?

There is nothing in Cura that lets you reverse motor directions, so selecting the proper printer definition is not going to help. You have to fix either the hardware (flip the stepper motor plug on the controller board) or the firmware.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies