UM2 firmware update

nachokaos

Posted · UM2 firmware update

My answer would be that it probably depends.... :-) Not sure if there's a way to see the firmware version in the control panel - but, to be honest, it only takes a few seconds to update the firmware from Cura, so I'd be inclined to do it anyway.

You right,i do it straigh,all the ways must be update its a few bugs like material temperatures etc, good to have fix before get, out of the box printer. As you say its so quick and easy to update the firmware from cura to UM.

Sure, it's easy! But I would like to have a record of the order of things done.

As well as voutons to click.

This may sound silly but I planted the wrong way machien just received an error manpulation.

Alex.

Alex, sorry but it is very hard to understand what you write. No offense, but are you using Google Translate?

What do you mean with "...would like to have a record of the order of things done"? If you mean history or version history, then that's not available. Sadly there is also no official changelog. But you can take a look at Cura on github. Especially the commits section. You will see that David is very active right now and fixes bugs left and right :)

Link

In fact, I go through google!

I wanted to say: "what are the steps." What to do first, second ... each step to update the UM2?

Ok, understood.

I can't speak for the UM2 because I don't have it yet, but with the UM1 I just connected the printer via USB to my Mac and started Cura. Then it prompted me with the first run wizard and one of the steps was to update the firmware.

I am pretty sure it is the same workflow with the UM2. You can always select the first run wizard from the "Expert" menu.

I tried going through the 'add new machine' wizard in Cura 13.11, and told it I had a UM1 - and I got the full wizard, including the upload firmware screen.

When I told it I had a UM2, I didn't give me the upload firmware option. Just said 'ok, enjoy your printer' or words to that effect. That may be a bug in Cura?

But you can still use the upload default firmware command from the menu, I presume. Just make sure Cura knows you have a UM2.

But you can still use the upload default firmware command from the menu, I presume. Just make sure Cura knows you have a UM2.

I 've updated my UM2 firmware just this way. Cura does everything, fast and easy.

Ok!

I asked because I did not find the writing of this information in the manual has been updated.

It would be interesting to return "the print show" us talk effectively this update.

Last point. Cura so would be hard to recognize the original machine or the latest version 2. I think to qu'UltiMaker based on the same electronics for the two versions of the printer.

It's good to have your information because it comforts me a little.

Ok to select and start the UM2 létéchargement program.

Alex

My answer would be that it probably depends.... :smile: Not sure if there's a way to see the firmware version in the control panel - but, to be honest, it only takes a few seconds to update the firmware from Cura, so I'd be inclined to do it anyway.

Printers are shipped with a few different versions, in the UM2 menu, under "Maintenaince" there is a "version" option to see which version.

The one shipping with Cura 13.11 is 13.10-5, all new printers shipped are loaded with this firmware. Some printers are shipped with older versions, anything below 13.10-3 should really update to the newer firmware as they could have the "SD-Card read error" problems.

Ok, good job.

I'm sure the version is good.

Thanks Daid, for you respond to me.

Alex.

Thanks Daid for clear , something smell like this forum going to be so bussy with questions next weeks!!

Daid - is it a bug in Cura that the 'Add Machine'/First Run Wizard for the UM2 doesn't offer an 'upload firmware' screen? Or am I jsut missing something? I don't have my UM2 yet, so I can't really test it live.