ASL_MILL

s5 pro bundle Screen Vertical stripes

Posted · s5 pro bundle Screen Vertical stripes

Came in this morning to find the screen blank on the s5.  Just a white screen.  restarted the machine.  Now I only see vertical stripes.  Have restarted several times.  Several different patterns of stripes, but nothing else.  Pics below.  Camera in machine still works and Cura can find it.  All software up to date.  

Tried restart without materials station connected and it started as normal.  Turned off machine and reconnected materials station and it failed to restart properly, back to vertical stripes.  Tried again without materials station attached, back to vertical stripes.  

So it fails whether the materials station is attached or not. 

In the middle of a projects. Lots of deadlines.  Need this this to work.

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

Seems to me like a problem with the screen or its internal connection to the Olimx board. Please get in contact with your reseller.

Hi

I'd bet there is a skinny little cable going from the display to the board. One end or the other has worked it's way out of the connector. Does that make it a quick fix? Only a phone call to support will tell .....

Bob

I suspect you are correct Bob.  I've already boxed it up and sent it off for repair.  Not at all great timing (never is) but hopefully a quick and easy repair.