Extrusion head assembly questions

petermeuris

Posted · Extrusion head assembly questions

Hello all,

The extrusion head assembly went fine. However two questions popped up.

(see

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Ultimaker_rev ... usion_head

)

- The thermocouple does not fit into the aluminum block. It gets stuck halfway.

In order to place the fan later I need to get it fully inside the block.

Any ideas on how I should proceed ?

- I had no plumbing tape (PTFE tape) so I did not include this. Is it really needed ?

If so, I should add this of course.

Thanks a lot

Peter

1) The fitting problem sounds like a mechanical problem. The hole could be too small, or the thermocouple slightly to big. If you have access to a proper machine shop you maybe you could drill out the hole slightly. But remember, the thermocouple needs to make good contact with the block for a proper reading.

Else, contact [email=sales@ultimaker.com]sales@ultimaker.com[/email] for replacement parts.

2) Most likely, yes. Else your printer head will leak from the sides.

I needed some force to push my termocouple in. I haven't been able to do it by hand, i used pincers. You can try that too but you need to be VERY careful because you could damage the two tiny wires: you want to push the cylinder in without putting pressure to the flat end that contains them.