Ultimaker 2 dual extruder firmware needed

Simon05

Posted · Ultimaker 2 dual extruder firmware needed

Hello,

the last two months I built my own ultimaker from scratch, and now it comes to the Firmware.

When searching the internet, i can‘t find any dual extruder FW 😞

I hav ealready tried it with the original firmware, but I am always getting a ER05 (Z Endstop defective)

anyway i wanted to ask you if someone could send me a working dual extruder Firmware:)

my specs:

ultimaker 2 extended housing

Ultimaker 2 board

extruder 1.75mm

dual extruder 

all the other parts are regulary Ultimaker 2 ones

I am looking forward to your comments;)

best regards,

Simon

Sorry for my bad english

Ultimaker never released a dual extruder UM2 printer since we couldn't get it working as reliable we wanted. All 3D printers with a second nozzle have the problem that the other nozzle can damage your printed object, so special measures have to be taken to avoid that. For example, the UM3 printer changes the height of the second nozzle.

You can download the UM2+ source code and then change the configuration settings to activate the 2nd nozzle, but without mechanical improvements to change the height of the other nozzle your project will never print reliable.

• 9 months later...

I have the UM2Extened+ and Heat 1 has gone out on the contol board. Can I install the Firmware/software, move the hotend 1 heating cartridge and thermistor to the connections for HEAT2 and extruder1 to extruder2? I will only be able to use extruder2 in Cura, but will it work?

thanks

it depends... on what exactly is broken.

One crucial point:
    For security reasons Marlin firmware requires at least a connected temperature sensor for each configured heater (doesn't matter if a heater element is actually connected).