First layer bubbles

Whayt

Posted (edited) · First layer bubbles

Here is one of those posts for help were most of you roll your eyes while answering.

So, I'm fairly new to 3D printing and just getting back into it after a long break and am unable to figure out what is causing this other problem.

I'm trying to make a frame for a 6" (152-ish mm) silicon wafer I ordered off eBay. Long story of probably questionable buying choices aside, I was printing an early version of the frame that's going to hold the wafer in a glass frame. When printing the first layer begins to bubble up making the following layers look like garbage. 

I've tried decreasing the temps of both the nozzle and bed and decreased the speed. I may try using a raft instead of a brim for this one, but I'm kinda weary to use it because I don't know if removal of the part would cause it to break (especially since the part is just over half a mil thick).

Hopefully one of you out there will be able to help me debug this problem.

IMG_2216.thumb.jpg.f8313105aa4156c698cad01ffdcff5b6.jpg

An image of the part with the wavy-ness to it

Edited by Whayt

Posted · First layer bubbles

Just adjust your bed leveling a tiny bit. It looks like on corner of your bed it a bit too high. The printer won't be able to fit eh required amount in there because the bed is too high and the plastic wil start to bulge up.

I think that might solve your problem.

Posted (edited) · First layer bubbles
    On 3/7/2020 at 4:27 PM, bagel-orb said:

Just adjust your bed leveling a tiny bit. It looks like on corner of your bed it a bit too high. The printer won't be able to fit eh required amount in there because the bed is too high and the plastic wil start to bulge up.

I think that might solve your problem.

So it mostly fixed the problem which is nice but there is another problem that ive been having issues and cant get it to stop with extrusion issues. The first layer goes down fine but after that the extruder won't extrude and tears up the filament...

I've had this issue before and fixed it by unclogging the nozzle and re-leveling the bed but both of these things are fine. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm just gonna give up on this printer and get a new one that I know (or would be way more confident) wont be as big of a pain- like a Prusia or an Ultimaker.

IMG_2218.jpg

First attempt before I saw your post of a whole piece

IMG_2219.jpg

Second attempt after I saw your post

IMG_2220.jpg

Missing filament from extrusion error

IMG_2223.jpg

The extruder covered in shredded filament...

Edited by Whayt
    Added Captions for pictures