need help please

Posted · need help please

so i have had my 3d printer for almost 2 weeks now and I am loving it.. I use cura and for the most part got the main concept of it down on the exception of one thing..

when i print ill set the print in the middle of the print bed on cura but when it prints it will print off the back of the bed. when I place the print as far as i can in the front of the bed it will print in the middle of the bed. my diameters are in the settings correctly 300x220x300 and when i check origin in center it just prinst on far right side .. for the life of me i dont know what im doing wrong and feel like i am losing half my print space.. thank you 

jeff

What kind of printer do you have?  Generally, with normal xyz printers (maybe 98% of printers) you have 0,0 in the front left corner.  For delta printers (if you aren't sure then you don't have one - or google it) 0,0 is in the center of the print bed.  In the machine settings you can check or uncheck the box to say if you want it in the center or in the corner.

It sounds like you have the box backwards.  Or alternatively maybe you have the X and Y dimensions backwards.  X is left to right and Y is front to back.  Z is vertical height.

Also for delta printers you typically tell cura the *diameter* of the print bed.  Not the X and Y values.

Those settings are good.

I don't think it's cura.  You can look at the gcode and look at the Y values and make sure they go no where close to 220.  For example slice a tiny 3mm cube.  To keep it extra simple set infill to 0% and shell to just one pass.  Set layer height to 1mm so you only get 3 layers.  All the Y values should be very very close to 110 (well except for initial purge).

I'm wondering if your Y axis is slipping - I would retighten all the set screws on the pulleys connected to the Y stepper.  Make it tight as hell.  The tool should probably twist a bit - really really tight.  Also see if you can adjust the acceleration for the Y stepper.

Oh!  Make sure "acceleration control" and "jerk control" are disabled in cura!!

Anyway your Y axis is very massive in comparison to the X as you are moving the entire build platform.  So that axis needs a much lower acceleration and jerk value.