thanhtacles

[BUG] "Infill only" for modify overlaps NEVER works. Proposed solution here:

Posted · [BUG] "Infill only" for modify overlaps NEVER works. Proposed solution here:

Per Model Settings -> modify settings for overlap -> infill only

image.thumb.png.660b12cf64dcbde1bd70f47b559a4b9e.png

Never works, and you always have to manually set everything (outer wall, top, bottom layers) to 0 before you can get the expected result as shown in second image:

image.thumb.png.ddadc9a51e596c8202a42042f459955f.png

Here in the second img, I set the density to 3%, and that checkbox that says Infill Only is completely inconsequential. The expected behavior for having infill-only should be as seen in the second image.

I think I know what it's doing in the first image too. Cura interprets this support blocker object as a separate stl and tries to generate its own up/bottom/outer skins, and inserts it inside the main mode. This should honestly be off if InfIll Only is turned on. An easy fix would be to turn all 3 skin options to 0 like I have shown in the second image IF the checkbox is on.

Posted · [BUG] "Infill only" for modify overlaps NEVER works. Proposed solution here:
20 hours ago, thanhtacles said:

An easy fix would be to turn all 3 skin options to 0 like I have shown in the second image IF the checkbox is on.

That's also why it will be in the next release 🙂

Oh and if the infill only checkbox is going to be flipped on by default and appear in the options. You might as well show people the infill density option by default too. There's no point if I have to manually find infil density in the mess of options every single time

58 minutes ago, thanhtacles said:

You might as well show people the infill density option by default too.

Well, if you're going to do that, you may wish to display the infill pattern too as that is as likely to be changed as the density (IMHO).