Smooth Shell after Scaling Down

Posted · Smooth Shell after Scaling Down

Hey there, I've looked around but haven't found the answer to my question so maybe you might help. 

When I download an object, say from Thingverse, and scale (uniform scaling) it 50% using Cura it will often have too much detail for the small size. Is there a simple setting to reduce the amount of detail or will I need to make those adjustment in another program such as Aspire or SketchUp?

TIA

Posted · Smooth Shell after Scaling Down

If it slices quickly you don't need to do anything - cura removes extraneous moves and you can adjust that in the settings but no need to.  But if it is annoyingly slow to slice or load the model you can reduce the qty of polygons in the STL using this easy technique which I've done a few times and works great:

http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/polygon_reduction_with_meshlab