qmlcache at Linux Mint 19.3

cappy0815

Posted · qmlcache at Linux Mint 19.3

Ok THX.

I am a little bit scared, but I'll do it 🙂

What about the "old" folders like 2.7 or 3.3 or 4.0 and many more at home/use/.cura

May I kick them out as well?

Posted · qmlcache at Linux Mint 19.3

The QMLCache is somtehing that is automatically generated. This is mostly to speed up startup of Cura (QML is what we use to describe the interface. These are compiled. So instead of doing that every time cura starts, it caches some results). So clearing that should have a bit of impact on the next startup but that's it.

The old folders can safely be deleted, they are ignored by the current version of Cura. The main reason those files are still there is because there are quite a few people that want to run multiple versions of Cura side by side.

• Like 1