G-code help needed

Ettuf

Posted · G-code help needed

Hi

I am trying to get my Ultimaker 3 to shove the print off the plate and start a new one itself but i get an ER24 (build plate temp value invalid)

Its my first time trying to edit the G-Code so i mostly followed a youtube video but he dont use a UM.  

here´s my end script (from cura)

M104 S0 T0 ; Extruder temp

M104 T1 S0 ; Extruder 2 temp

M140 S1 ; Bed temp

M190 R43 ; wait for bed temp

M106 S0

G1 X105 Y195 Z50 F3000 ; Move up

M300 S3520 P200 ; A7

M300 S4698.63 P200 ; D8

M300 S5274.04 P200 ; E8

M300 S6271.93 P200 ; G8

G1 X105 Y195 Z1 F3000 ; Lower

G1 X105 Y1 Z1 F2400 ; Remove print

G1 X105 Y30 Z1 F8000 ; Shake it

G1 X105 Y1 Z1 F8000 ; Shake it

G1 X105 Y30 Z1 F8000 ; Shake it

G91 ;Relative movement

G0 F15000 X8.0 Z0.5 E-4.5 ;Wiping+material retraction

G0 F10000 Z1.5 E4.5 ;Compensation for the retraction

G90 ;Disable relative movement

What am i doing wrong? ( have allso tryed M140 S0 )

It's just a guess, but i assume the R parameter for M190 is not supported by the UM3.
    That means the Ultimaker can't wait for the target temperature during cooling.

The best alternative is probably to add a few minutes pause with the G4 command. You have to test first how long it usually takes to cool down to the target temperature though.

Posted (edited) · G-code help needed

tryed switching out M190 R43 with G4 P300 but it now just ignored the command and went straight to pushing the print off the bed witch it could not. Nothing broke since i was ready for it. 

Ill search for more option tomorrow so if anyone else have a suggestion id appreciate it .

EDIT. and 1 second after posting i realised that P is milliseconds.. i should have used S... ill try agian tomorrow

Edited by Ettuf

I works. Thanks for the help Thinkergnome

the M300 commands dont seem to work so if anyone know the right command it would be perfect 😛 

Well, M300 is meant to play a short beeping sound. The command is supposed to be ignored by printers that do not support it.

I guess these four lines can be omitted without any (other) drawbacks.

BTW: be aware that the UM3 in general supports only a (small) subset of all possible gcode-commands. More details about the UM3 are to be found in these "inside" articles: