purps

Cura infill line directions

Posted · Cura infill line directions

Trying to print this part with a 0.8 nozzle, and Cura is placing thin angled infill lines (blue circle) in this narrow section, whereas it would be a lot better if it just did a single fat line all the way round (as per the green circle) - is there any trick to this? Unfortunately I can't edit the part in this case.

Thank you for any and all help.

Cheers,
Matt.

image.thumb.png.887697452964d64795d312870508bc36.png

That's the so-called "gap-fill".

You can set it to "nowhere" to disable it completely - i think this is the recommended setting for those face shields.

As an alternative you can possibly "play around" with the line width to get rid of it.

image.png.bec7799bdd27c84abea030db7cd5e86a.png

Or use the Cura build from @burtoogle, this will do what you suggest here (AFAIK):

24 minutes ago, purps said:

better if it just did a single fat line all the way round

You're a star, thank you, couldn't work out whether it was inner wall, outer wall, infill...... it was something else! Gapfill!

Turning gapfill off will solve the problem I am sure. Playing with line widths is also a good suggestion, however whatever worked for the middle of the part was ruining the top and bottom layer.

Is there any way to change the line width for gapfill? Or does it not work like that?

Thanks again, Matt.