What are the best free 3D print simulators, that actually work...??

Posted · What are the best free 3D print simulators, that actually work...??

I have no luck with Ultimate Cura 4.5.0 as the Layer preview does not show the Play-Simulator button in Win7 64bit laptop...

I cannot find a Print-Simulator in Slic3r...

Surly there is at least one that works as should...

screenshot_526.jpg

Hi Wels-Dragon,

You actually have the best slicer!

There is no simulator start button for Cura, but there is a drag down ball that you can use to see your sliced model layer by layer.

I've put this text on your attached picture.

You can drag the ball marker

down and see all sliced layers on by one.

Alternately, just select any number between

0 and 99 in the layer view window on top of the pole.

Here is your picture:

Cura_4_5.thumb.jpg.4cefce660be6cc6ae7b300aace61611b.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Torgeir.

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Hi Wels-Dragon,

You actually have the best slicer!

There is no simulator start button for Cura, but there is a drag down ball that you can use to see your sliced model layer by layer.

I've put this text on your attached picture.

You can drag the ball marker

down and see all sliced layers on by one.

Alternately, just select any number between

0 and 99 in the layer view window on top of the pole.

Here is your picture:

Cura_4_5.thumb.jpg.4cefce660be6cc6ae7b300aace61611b.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Torgeir.

Thank you for your prompt reply @Torgeir, I really appreciate it...

The folks & Ultimaker with Cura on Youtube certainly have the Print-Simulator as can be seen in Cura 4.5 beta release today! join the bug hunt before the official release & on Ultimakers own youtube channel,  Ultimaker: How to use the layer view in Ultimaker Cura,

&

Mentioned on Github as an incompatibility with the graphics driver of this laptop, which means if there is no updated drivers or any updated drivers still not compatible, I will not have the Simulator on the machine...

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

screenshot_532.jpg

screenshot_534.jpg

Hi Wells_Dragon,

Oh me, this one.. Well I'll think Cura introduced this in version 3.6 or around..

I have an old HP-Compaq 6910P with an old graphic chip and a limited version of hpgl that was not compatible with the "newer" versions of hpgl.. 😞

So I ended up using a newer laptop in order to use the later versions of Cura when needed.

For the latest versions of Cura I'm using a high end desktop and have no problem with Cura.

By the way, I mostly use Cura version 3.6 and also some older versions of Cura.

Cura 4.5 "the latest" is very advanced with lots of functions and kind of complicated, so it is still something I use randomly.

Ok., good luck.

Regards

Torgeir.