Posted · One at a time

Hi there, I'm printing off lots of 'ear savers' for health workers, Does anyone know how I can fill the print bed with models, really close, and use the print 'one at a time'? I just get the gantry crash message. My parts are less the 1mm high, there are no crash issues!

EARS8 .7v11.stl

Posted · One at a time

what kind of printer?

if it is a dual head Ultimaker, you can inactivate the second nozzle, but you have this very large shadow (printhead shape).

It is better to do everything at once, you can pack them closer together, with little risk of failure. 

Posted (edited) · One at a time

Sorry, I should have mentioned that! I have a few Ultimaker 2...Olsen block mod..One at a time seems to give me slightly better quality and less clean up to do afterwards....I have to make hundreds of these!!

Edited by christech4primary
added more info

Posted · One at a time

the more reason to put as many on the bed as you can...

maybe play a little with the temperature of the material to get as clean as possible prints...

Posted · One at a time

And speed....and flow! I think that an 'over ride' for the print head shadow when using the 'print one at a time' would be a good feature....hidden of course....because these prints are so thin in the Z it is a pain to do any trimming afterwards.....I shall persevere!!!