Cant find location?

Posted · Cant find location?

It's been a while since I used my 3D printer but getting back into it has cost me some money due to the fact my older one was not working properly because I was using the wrong power supply and bought two more inexpensive ones. So while printing the sample owl that comes with the Anycubic Mega Zero and using Cura to slice and print. After designing with 3D Builder and saving then opening in Cura to slice and print my object is not even anywhere near the software plate for slicing, once I arrange object to a closer position on the plate I attempt to slice and says cannot slice and gives a list of 4 things that could be possibilities..and even before the initial the Cura program states it cannot find the location within the build volume for all objects, what does that even mean? But if I shrink the object it will slice but print the small size, my build blate is 220,220,250mm,,, any ideas?

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem! What happened.?

Okay, after doing some looking, this started after I did the latest upgrade on the Cura software. It has to be a problem with the software update.

Posted (edited) · Cant find location?

Okay, after doing some looking, this started after I did the latest upgrade on the Cura software. It has to be a problem with the software update.

I have triple checked the printer settings and they are correct.

When I look at the software, it shows it the correct size and placement on the plate. When it prints, it is completely different.

Edited by SLTeacher
    fixed words

I have triple checked the printer settings and they are correct.

When I look at the software, it shows it the correct size and placement on the plate. When it prints, it is completely different.

Posted (edited) · Cant find location?

Load your model, and then go the File -> Save as... to save a project file. Put it somehwere we can download it (dropbox, google drive, mega) so we can have a look at what is going wrong.

Edited by ahoeben

Here is the dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AACXxDiUi4azmoY_-2pTkgSJp88tePzgGL8

Let me know what I am doing wrong.  I even deleted the printer and reloaded it and brought the file in again. Thanks.

You will have to change the sharing rights to the file on dropbox; only trish***@silverl***.org is allowed to download the file.

Ok, I put it here and see if this works. I don't know why the dropbox will not work. It shows it allows. Try this one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TYkTCjCF_0aJT-3i3OEw_nrTM-1miRC0/view?usp=sharing

Your google drive also requires me to log in and request access from you.

Try it now! I think I have it fixed. Sorry about all of this.

When I load your project (in Cura 4.6 or 4.7 beta), it seems to fit the build plate just fine.

I do have a tip: instead of adding > 100 support blockers, try adding fewer and scale them up. Cura does not deal well with hundreds of individual objects.

Thank you! It is when I go to print that it only prints in the front quadrant. I will try again with the change you suggested.

Thank you so much for the help!!

That is something very different from what the topicstarter reported, so why you say you have the same problem is eluding me.

I don't know what that is. I cant see it.