New unit won't auto feed filament unless I push "up" on the feeder lever

Posted · New unit won't auto feed filament unless I push "up" on the feeder lever

Hi @KarenB, perhaps it would help if you specify what type of 3D printer it is. I see you have labeled it as UM2, but I am pretty sure that is not an Ultimaker 2.. 

Thanks, 

Posted (edited) · New unit won't auto feed filament unless I push "up" on the feeder lever

I removed the extruder. I have a rather large clog. Any tips? I can't push it through.  

I'm going to heat the tip up and let it sit for a moment. Any ideas past this, will be great. I know about the atomic pull, but have to get nozzle hot enough to loosen clog.

Edited by KarenB
    Problem fixed. Heated nozzle at 235 for several min. then using a pot holder I removed the nozzle and ran a guitar string through the tip of the nozzle and pushed clog back wards. Was able to remove the clog and reinstall the nozzle with no issues.

Posted · New unit won't auto feed filament unless I push "up" on the feeder lever
    3 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hi @KarenB, perhaps it would help if you specify what type of 3D printer it is. I see you have labeled it as UM2, but I am pretty sure that is not an Ultimaker 2.. 

Thanks, 

Blockage removed. This problem fixed. Only have 1 to 2 more. How is your hair not gray? These printers are frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for your help.

I have no experience with Monoprice, only Ultimaker. I don't know if that is the key to not having grey hair yet, or maybe it is just genes. Happy to hear you got it fixed though!