Cura Weird Lines on outer walls when line width set to 0.6

DiogoLopes

Posted · Cura Weird Lines on outer walls when line width set to 0.6

Hello guys and girls...

Today i noticed something really weird that may be the reason why i've been getting some very weird deffects on my outer walls.

First photo is a overview of the model itself.

Next 2 photos show the problem. Cura shows some really weird lines and blobs on some random parts of the model, and all those deffects shows up on the real printed model.

Tried exporting the model with different mesh qualities. Same problem dispite mesh quality.

My nozzle is set to 6mm on the printer profile and also line width is set to 6mm.

Last two photos shows the same model with no problem. In order to achieve it i had to either enable "Outer before inner walls" or change line width to 4mm.

That's very very very weird.. Why changing line width to 4mm would eliminate those deffects?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

• 2 weeks later...

I believe disabling "compensate wall overlaps" (maybe just for the outer wall) or setting the "minimum wall flow", might get rid of it. At least that worked for me when I had some horizontal banding going on in a model with thin walls. 

I think the problem might be caused by the wall thickness of your part not being divisible by 0.6 (keep in mind that even if it is in your CAD program, it might not be after your model is converted to a mesh). 

You could also play around with different line widths (keep it close to your nozzle size) to see what works. Oh and changing the "slicing tolerance" to inclusive or exclusive will also influence the final wall thickness, so try that too!

Hi DiogoLopes,

Just want to warn you that the gcode viewer sometimes (-quite often) make your model with error that do not exist. My experience is that the Cura slicers become better and better in later versions, but this is not true for the gcode viewer.

Try to use the viewer in Cura 2.7.0, much better IMO.

This one is "quite" a lot like the one in S3D.

Thanks

Torgeir