Z axis won't move on anything but demo gcodes

thezipperedone

Posted · Z axis won't move on anything but demo gcodes

Hi, totally new to 3D printing.  I just got one of the cheapest printers on the market, labists mini 3d (AKA Easythreed X1), to get my feet wet. I am trying to use Cura v. 4.6.1. I  have also used the slicer that came with the printer. Neither of them print correctly. The x and y axis are fine, it's the z axis that won't move, and eventually the nozzle just starts plowing through the design. It prints correctly when I use one of the demo gcodes that came with the machine, so I know it's not the machine itself.  Is there something I need to flip in the code, or insert, to get the z axis to move? 

smiling_owl-pot.stl

I have exactly the same problem. Is there a solution found yet?

It starts feeding the pla wherever it stops last time, so even when its 3cm above the platform. So it seems it doesn't find its zeropoint.

Post one of your gcode files that you made and that doesn't work.  There is supposed to be a routine that runs at the beginning to initialize all the axes.  If it isn't there then it may be an easy fix.

wineglass, that's mine, it prints in the corner in almost 1 spot, like it's trying to print a part outside the platform.

The rocket came with the printer and turned out well.

CFFFP_wineglass_white.gcode Rocket.gcode

1 hour ago, CowboYvar said:

it prints in the corner in almost 1 spot

It looks like you have the "Origin at center" options set in the Machine Settings (see the Printers pane of the Preferences). That option should NOT be checked for your printer.

• Like 1

Really thanks, that worked! That was the only thing where I thought "This is set right!"😅But no!