Ultimaker Original display licht wel aan maar geen menu

basketti

Posted · Ultimaker Original display licht wel aan maar geen menu

Ik heb "opdracht" gekregen om een Ultimaker Original (volgens mij) aan de praat te krijgen om vervolgens weer te gaan gebruiken op een basisschool. 3D printers zijn voor mij nieuw, dus ik dacht aansluiten en kijken wat ie doet. Hij gaat wel aan, het display licht op, maar ik zie geen menu of iets. Als ik op het knopje druk op de controller dan hoor ik een piepje en als ik aan de knop draai zie ik niets gebeuren.

Op mijn laptop heb ik Cura geïnstalleerd (laatste versie) en die kan wel goed verbinden met de 3D printer. Ik heb de firmware succesvol kunnen updaten. Echter als ik de printer probeer te kalibreren, dan maakt ie rare geluiden en beweegt de printkop minimaal (bijna niet).

Heeft iemand tips om mij verder op gang te helpen?

I hope you don't mind me answering in english.  I had the same issue and I opened up the controller housing (removed all the screws that hold the wood together around the controller.

There is a potentiometer in there.  Use a tiny screw driver to turn that many turns.  Try both CW and CCW.  I think it's a 10 turn potentiometer (can rotate 10 times).

If that doesn't work, remove the ribbon cable connectors and check for bent pins and reconnect carefully.  Don't lose track of the orientation of the ribbon cables.  Do this on both ends of the cables.

Thanks for the quick response gr5!

Answering in English is no problem at all. I've opened the controller housing and looked for a potentiometer, but I am not sure which the potentiometer is. Maybe somebody can point it out to me.

I've also checked the ribbon cable connectors, they are all in perfect state.

20200610_142543_.thumb.jpg.c2174772456c7f05a7c982b71fa7184d.jpg

Front

20200610_142153_.thumb.jpg.385b4ccfd8d6b62548cb2db89697c0d7.jpg

Back

When I switch the printer on, the display looks like this.

20200610_144205_.thumb.jpg.d748fc8a87378953bddf4a3c89c7a90d.jpg

When I press the black round button a couple of times the displays shows more pixels.

20200610_144303_.thumb.jpg.6068a456f2c44c075e8a3d2c9783cbcd.jpg

• 4 months later...