Slicing a box ends up as a brick. Cura 4.6.1

Jopie

Posted · Slicing a box ends up as a brick. Cura 4.6.1

I tried to print a box for my Phase 10 cards. Found one here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2714917

But when I sliced it with Cura 4.6.1 with my default parameters, the box gets filled in with a bottom of about 1 cm. The lid ends as a brick.....
I finally sliced it with Cura 4.5, same parameters. No problem.

Is this a bug or am I missing some new parameter here?

Posted (edited) · Slicing a box ends up as a brick. Cura 4.6.1

I added some pictures of skewed, sliced lids, the Cura4.5 shows What it should look like, Cura 4.6.1 is the result with 4.6.1.

Cura4.5.jpg

Cura4.6.1.jpg

Edited by Jopie

That link isn't for the same box as you show in your images. Anyway, I sliced it fine. Can you please provide the project file ? Do File -> Save and attach the .3mf file to this thread. Thanks.

Screenshot_2020-06-13_18-27-15.thumb.png.37cc768a2498b8a402301cf80a9b6d28.png

Oops. I now remember I've looked at these parameters for the fist time a few days ago, but forgot I changed anything there.

Thanks a lot for your very fast support.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies