Esun PLA+ Profile for S5

tabiznet

Posted · Esun PLA+ Profile for S5

Does anyone have a material profile for Esun PLA+ for the S5 they'd be willing to share? Try as I might I cant seem to get it tuned right and get a moire like effect whenever printing below 100% infill. Same material works fine on my other machines, just not the S5 ๐Ÿ˜•

I've seen reports of others having issues too (just not mine) with eSun PLA+, is this machine just not capable of printing it? That would definitely be a deal breaker for me

signal-2020-06-14-202902.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Esun PLA+ Profile for S5

I tried starting with the main PLA profile as well as the tough and upping temps, I got it working ok before the X axis stopped moving mid print and my reseller provided and walked me through replacing the mainboard. As of this latest board I cant get it tuned at all starting to wonder if I got 2 lemon boards in a row ๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by tabiznet

5 hours ago, JASON128 said:

is this only with esun PLA?ย  does it work fin with other brands?

I only had the ultimaker spool it came with to test and it worked fine. I've managed to get rid of the problem by upping the wall count to 8 and printing no higher than .015
    I think my specific issue had more to do with part geometry than material

Still fighting PLA+
    I managed to get rid of the moire as described above but even at .1 I have visible layer lines
    like way more than my prusa with the same material at .2. Honestly this printer was a mistake, its given me nothing but fits since day 1

Honestly, I would retry the print with some quality filament. I have never tried esun, but we had some users with similar problems in the past and as soon as they switched to another brand, it worked.ย 
    ย 

You don't have to buy UM filament, use some other quality brands, but not the low cost Chinese ones.

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Honestly, I would retry the print with some quality filament. I have never tried esun, but we had some users with similar problems in the past and as soon as they switched to another brand, it worked.ย 
    ย 

You don't have to buy UM filament, use some other quality brands, but not the low cost Chinese ones.

You keep saying the material is trash when it works flawlessly on all of my printers except the ultimaker. Had I had known it wasn't able to print esun pla+ I never would have bought it in the first place

There's plenty of us having success with esun PLA +.ย  ย Not sure its fair to blame the printer.ย  ย Either you have a bad batch,ย  ย or a profile setting wrong.

ย 

ย 

try using the generic engineering profile for PLA,ย  and set the shell wall thickness to 1.5mm

do a test printย  and go from there.

ย 

ย 

attached is something printed in yellow Esun PLA+ย 

standard Draft mode in cura, no changes at all.

filament was dried for 8 hours first.

.04mm AA nozzleย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

2.jpg

1.jpg

Posted (edited) · Esun PLA+ Profile for S5
    1 hour ago, JASON128 said:

attached is something printed in yellow Esun PLA+ย 

standard Draft mode in cura, no changes at all.

filament was dried for 8 hours first.

.04mm AA nozzleย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

2.jpg

1.jpg

I've tried that. no changes. And I've also tried multiple rolls of different colors so not a bad batch. Been working with my reseller for a while on this and they're stumped as well. if PLA+ was the only issue I was having I probably wouldn't say anything, but even first party materials have issues, different issues but still issues. ABS warps no matter what I try, even taping the machine up etc

I have an entire laundry list of issues separate from this, maybe suited to a new post but im pushing my reseller hard to just return the machine outright and get my money back.

I rebuilt the motion system this weekend, cleaned it and re-lubed according to instructions. Made triple sure my belts were properly tensioned, and printed out parts (in PLA+, on a Prusa) to make sure the axes were properly aligned and the made sure pulleys tight against the frame. I managed to eliminate some slop on the x axis but it made no perceivable (or measurable) difference in PLA+ or other material behavior/quality.

I'm no novice to FDM printers, I own a literal dozen. Most of which I've built myself either from guides or kits. I even have a few high end SLA machines.

This has been the printer from hell for me, nothing I try seems to make it work like I need (and expect for what I paid) to. I have $200 printers sitting on my desk that consistently produce better quality parts at a more reliable rate. Every time I interact with this machine I'm having to fiddle with it to make it work. Even materials downloaded from Cura marketplace have issues across the board. Ultimaker Tough PLA works (when it adheres to the bed, most of the time it doesnt without adhesive) and PVA works (When it doesnt break off inside the material station and make me tear the entire thing down because the push method isnt working)

Oh and week 1 the mainboard had to be replaced entirely because my X axis stopped working. If I cant get my resellers to refund me I'm going to make them send a new unit, then its going straight to ebay to be someone else's problem

Edited by tabiznet