Problem printing disc flat

mark-hale

Posted · Problem printing disc flat

I have just tried to print the following flat on the printer bed, when I load into Cura it shows it on end, I then rotate this so its flat as in the image but when I try to print, it seems to want to revert back to wanting to print on its side.

I notice in Cura that when I look at the layers view mode, even after placing the disc flat, it displays on its edge.

The diameter is 200mm so although on the limits, its still within the range.

Does anyone know why this is occurring.

Disc1

I'm not in the modern things like UM2's, but because it stays grey, pretty sure it is to big for your platform settings.

Try the "scale to fit" to button, and you see how much to big.

Perhaps (Try careful!) when it's about a few mm's,try to set your platform values a little higher .

I think that the flat object was too large to fit when taking into account the skirt/brim settings - so you were left with just the gcode from the initial slicing it did as soon as the object loaded, when it was still on its side.

This is arguably a bug in Cura... If it can't reslice the updated object, it should refuse to print/save - not just use an earlier version without telling you.

after after 2 h the nozzle continues to print

I don't understand. Do you mean nozzle *doesn't* continue to print?

Please post a picture of the failed print.

@mark hale - Try removing brim and skirt - go to advanced settings and set skirt lines to 0.