Can't store the print job on the printer SD card

Posted · Can't store the print job on the printer SD card

Not sure if I should post this here, on in the Robo R2 forums or in the Octoprint forums...

I installed on Cura the plugin to connect with Octoprint and be able to send the prints directly to the printer after the slicing.

But when Cura tries to send the file, I receive the message:

Can't store the print job on the printer SD card

I'm imagining the first issue is related, maybe, with the permissions to write on SD.

Also, maybe the problem with the free space.

Robo R2 has internal storage, probably bigger than the SD card from raspberry.

So... is there any way to fix this?

Or maybe a way to upload from Cura directly into the internal storage of R2? Octoprint already do this if I upload the file through Octoprint. But if I use Cura, looks like it trying to upload the file intro raspberry SD card.

Connect to octorpint via your webbrowser, upload the file via the printer (you are able to choose where the file will be uploaded, internal SD of printer or SD of Raspberry). Sometimes it fails, then try again!

What is the benefit of Cura uploading files to Octoprint? To use the Octoprint options you still have to make connection via Webbrowser!

As I have already answered on the OctoPrint forum:

The message Can't store the printjob on the printer sd card. is shown in Cura when OctoPrint returns a 409 http response code when uploading to the printer sd card.

As always, we need logs to see what is going on. In this case, both octoprint.log (from octoprint) and Cura.log (from Cura).

Without logs, I can only guess; You cannot store a file on the printer sd card when the printer is printing. You also can not upload a gcode file with the same name as the file that is currently selected in OctoPrint.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mari said:

What is the benefit of Cura uploading files to Octoprint? To use the Octoprint options you still have to make connection via Webbrowser!

For most people, starting, monitoring, pausing/resuming or canceling a print is all they need, and you can do that from within Cura. It is also very convenient not to have to save to a file locally, and then upload that file to OctoPrint as an additional step.

... I always keep a backup of the Gcode-files...  so I store them locally and on my NAS!

I also like to see what the printer is doing, so there is a webcam connected to the Raspberry 😉

4 hours ago, gr5 said:

@Aldo who wrote that plugin

My username here is @ahoeben. @Aldo is someone else, but Aldo is my first name. @fieldofview is yet another account, that came to be at some point after a forum migration because I also needed an account to upload my plugins to the Ultimaker Marketplace, but I don't use that account. So if you want to ping me on this forum, please use @ahoeben.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mari said:

there is a webcam connected to the Raspberry

You can watch that webcam from inside Cura.

But if your workflow works for you, I am the last person to tell you you have to use my plugin.

Didn't know that there was a plug-in...