Useless Print Completion Statistics

Posted · Useless Print Completion Statistics

We have noticed the digital factory analytics to be useless under current form. The only time a print is marked as unsuccessful is if the abort is pressed. It does not appear to track prints stopped by machine errors, material shortages, or offer anyway for a user to feedback print by print on its outcome. This could be a really useful tool to understand where prints are failing, time, material type, design etc, but currently this is not actually insightful in any way. I propose that if part of print completion a dialog box to appear asking if it was successful, then use this to update this graph, would then enable this feature to actually guide on how the printer is performing, if you are seeing an increase over time of failures, or by material type etc. 

Interesting and valid point. Adding another dialog box after print completion could be a consideration. Perhaps if ER messages are a metric, it could do it automatically? Connecting it to material type is also interesting to plan the timeline of future projects. I don't know how easy that would be to measure and track. Perhaps @ctbeke or @sj3fk3 knows? 

We're about to overhaul the analytics system in Digital Factory. We'll take this as input for improving the functionality. I can't tell anything about exact features or timelines as I'm not the one juggling the backlog.