what to use to program C++

lee

Posted · what to use to program C++

non ultimaker related, but I'm sick of googling haha

any programmers out there... I'm looking for a C++ editor and compiler etc (full suite would be nice)

what do you recommend, i see the biggies are spoke of being MS and boolean. but can't find them.

I did download C-Free 5.0 but that doesn't recognise the simplist commands like 'cout' lol

a url would be nice ;-)

I'm do some programming with Visual Basic but Microsoft has also Visual C++ 2010 Express and it's for free.

Go tohttp://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vsand scroll down to the 2010 section.

Dree

sorry is that for mac dree?

Not if you get the c/c++ edition that I think I linked to.

does it need a plugin for c++ si

pc or mac? Is this for a class? Is this for a project? Will you only be doing console (text in and text out) stuff or gui (like buttons and graphics and text boxes and such) also?

I use Code::Blocks for C++. It's simple, fast, and complete. And it works on Windows, Linux, and Mac. I believe it comes with a port of GCC for compiling on Windows but it supports a wide range of compilers.

http://www.codeblocks.org/home

Cheers,

Troy.

I use Code::Blocks for C++. It's simple, fast, and complete. And it works on Windows, Linux, and Mac. I believe it comes with a port of GCC for compiling on Windows but it supports a wide range of compilers.

http://www.codeblocks.org/home

Cheers,

Troy.

It's also what I use for the CuraEngine and the firmware (requires quite some setup to compile Arduino stuff, but the Engine requires no setup at all)

You want the "codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup.exe" version, as it includes the mingw C++ compiler (the other download is only the user-interface, and does not include the compiler)

sorry is that for mac dree?

Eh, sorry, I missed that, Microsoft making things for the Mac? Asking for world piece gives us a better chance :shock:

Groet Dree

Eh, sorry, I missed that, Microsoft making things for the Mac? Asking for world piece gives us a better chance :shock:

Groet Dree

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products

There is more possible than I thought.. You also have a link to the site were world piece is announced? :smile:

Dree

I use, Bloodshed Dev C++, it's free and works great.

Eclipse all the way.

It is free, is available and equal on both Mac and Windows and is an excellent IDE with a lot of plugins (C++ being one of them).

I don't think DevC++ got updated in about 8 years. (And it is windows only)

Eclipse is just configuration hell. It can do wonders, but it can also curse you, and send you into the 7th circle of hell. I recommend against it for anything but Java programming. We tried it for a while and my previous job for C/C++, the problem was that we could not keep configurations on different machines in sync, causing lots of build issues, debugging worked for some people, but not for others, stuff like that.

FYI, I use Code::Blocks for C/C++, PyCharm for python and Eclipse for Java. (PyCharm is not free, but you can get a free license if you have an OpenSource python project that is 3 months or older)