Having a terrible time printing a certain print.. could really use help.

TinaBakir1210

Posted · Having a terrible time printing a certain print.. could really use help.

I've gotten pretty good at Resin printing (the good old hard way of wanting to rip your hair out and throw the printer across the room for weeks until it just falls into place).

I got and Ender 3 Pro for printing terrain as I just cannot do it on a resin.

I am able to print most things I have tried with no problems as far as I can tell. Boy is PLA different that Resin. I am totally new to PLA and admit that I know nothing.

I will load some picture of my issue(s).

I will also load my settings which I took from the creator of the prints because I figured what better way to try to fix my issues. I'm printing my first trial piece after using his settings.

One more thing, its a brand new printer. I took some pieces off and re-tightened everything. I made sure the white tube was pushed firmly down to the nozzle. My bed was not leveling in the center, I am using the magnet. I put a square piece of paper about 4" x 4" in the center, under the magnet and that seems to have made the print surface level. I have no idea if this is allowed but like I said. I'm grasping at straws. So now when all four corners are "level" the center is finally almost the right distance from nozzel as well, instead of being to far from it.

Does the actual printbed need to be level, like with an actual leveling tool?

Okay, so I'm printing terrain, some turns out fine.

These two do NOT turn out fine. Okay, im uploading one issue at a time.

I have researched nonstop. I've watched the Friday Filament guy. I've bugged friends who 3d print. I'm going nutty.

There are two versions to this "floor" piece. One has cut out and one is solid. Both have a raised design that is supposed to be a nice thick raised line. My printer is making crap up on its own.. 😕

I have formatted a new MIcro SD and am trying that now.

Please... anyone if you can help me I would be in debt to YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!

PREVIEW MODE looks great.jpg

120314803_333466817920580_7536974202246029275_n.jpg

120333316_2758864024433206_6525402343654102853_n.jpg

120391179_265235904722270_5511550260763561810_n.jpg

SETTINGS.jpg

Posted (edited) · Having a terrible time printing a certain print.. could really use help.

attach the STL or better the project file (3MF) that contains the to print object and your printer settings... the screenshots of your settings are simply to small to read!

Edited by Mari
    • Like 1

Posted · Having a terrible time printing a certain print.. could really use help.
    On 9/28/2020 at 10:12 PM, Mari said:

attach the STL or better the project file (3MF) that contains the to print object and your printer settings... the screenshots of your settings are simply to small to read!

Here are the STLs to both of them. Thank you soooooo much for responding. I'm feeling so defeated. I know other people who have the same machine, same settings and they can print it fine! I just replaced the nozzle as well, and put in a new roll of filament. I already like this gray better than the black!

Warp-floor_cutout.stl Warp-floor_solid.stl ForMari.3mf

On 9/28/2020 at 11:15 PM, TinaBakir1210 said:

Does the actual printbed need to be level

Yes, the whole print bed needs to be plain and correctly leveled, otherwise the distance is just correct in one place but not on the other side of the bed. Cheap Chinese printers have often the problem that the bed is not plain and if I remember correctly the Ender has 4 screws to level which is more difficult as when you have just 3 screws.

Regarding your other issues, I think there is something mechanical with your printer. When you use just a default profile without changing a lot of parameters you should get a much better result. The Ender can produce good prints if you have luck, but it needs some tinkering to get there. But I don't know the Ender printer, so I cannot give you a hint what could be the problem, except the bed leveling.

I've opened the STL-files and can't see anything wrong with them... the 3MF-file contains only the objects, not the printer setting (choose for SAVE PROJECT, not EXPORT)...

- Leveling the bed of an Ender printer is not that difficult, you do need to have the patience to do it right! I have a Ender 3 Pro and I had to level the bed only 2 or 3 times... first time when I bought the printer, second time when I switched from the flex magnetic bed to a steel flex plate with Lokbuild! The third time when I thought there was something wrong with my printer but instead it was the role of PLA that I was using!

* Check if the printer is build the way it should be, everything has to align... there are lots of YoouTube videos explaining how to build an Ender printer and where to pay extra attention too

* Check the tension of the belts, too loose will result in bad printings!

* Check bed-level... sometimes you have to level the bed a few times to get good result. For my Eder 3 pro I use 2 GCode-files, 1 that moves the nozzle to every corner and center of the buildplate (for leveling) and 1 that prints squares to see if the bed-leveling is done correct or maybe needs some tweaking. Chuck Hellebuyck is the guy who made this files. Files and explanation how they work can be found on his website: https://www.chepclub.com/bed-level.html

If you re-upload the 3MF-file I will take a look at it again... But first make sure the hardware is ok, then play with the settings in the software (slicer)...