Settings not applied.

Rahjiskar

Posted (edited) · Settings not applied.

Hello, I am brand new to 3d printing.

Got an Ender 3 v2. I tried to do a couple of prints today but ran into a couple of issues. The nozzle temperature set via the Printing Temperature setting as 205°C in Cura appeared as 0°C once the print started on the printer. The Default Temperature Setting cannot be displayed as it is stated as "hidden by the active machine". Also the Print Speed setting is set to 50 in Cura but appears as 100 once the print is launched on the printer. 

Any idea why these two settings don't get to appear and work as they were set in Cura? 

Thank you very much for your help!

Happy Printing.

Edit: I am using the latest version of Cura, 4.7.1

Edited by Rahjiskar

Posted · Settings not applied.
    On 10/10/2020 at 2:37 AM, Rahjiskar said:

The Default Temperature Setting cannot be displayed as it is stated as "hidden by the active machine"

This leads me to think you are direct connecting via USB while printing ? 

If so, don't. You're better off printing from SD card. While the USB connection does give you the ability to give direct g-code instruction to your printer, if the PC you're using goes down mid print, you're screwed. 

We also need more info ( as GregValiant highlighted ). What's the firmware version on your printer ?, is this happening with the default print profiles and generic materials selection ? etc etc. The more info you can provide and any possible files to upload ( like the post sliced g-code ) will  help hugely. 

One thing that could also be a factor here is your selected material profile. In the material section, you can specify a temperature for that material, separate to the temp settings in the printer profile section. It could be that your printer profile is overriding your material settings. 

Regardless, we are all largely guessing atm without more info. 

I think there is some confusion regarding the speed.  The LCD does not display the speed of any move.  It displays the Feed Rate (Fr) %.  100% means your 50mm/sec comes in and goes out as 50mm/sec.  During a print you can use the Tune menu and change the main parameters of a print.  FlowRate%, FeedRate%, HotEnd°, Bed°, and Fan%.  If you bump the speed up to 110% then your 50 comes in and goes out as 55.  In a gcode file the speed is expressed in mm/minute.   I'm sure that if you check the code you will see a lot of F3000's.  Not on every line since that isn't required, but they will be in there.

I have the same problem. Bed temperature works but the rest doesn't. Tried updating firmware with official software but that did not solve it. Currently running Jyers E3V2-Default-v4.2.2-v1.3.4.bin but also no success. Very frustrating since I want to experiment with different print settings in Cura but once it starts printing it mostly all goes back to stock.

On 10/10/2020 at 4:24 PM, GregValiant said:

Can you post one of your problem Gcode files here?  A close look can often reveal clues as to what is going on.

Greg's request still applies here.

Seems inefficient but nozzle temperature only starts heating up after bed heating. Still not convinced the printer is using the other Cura settings though.

Sorry, like the op I am new to 3d printing. Had to Google what gcode meant, I noticed the files were in gcode but did not know more about it. Here is a model I made and sliced.

CE3PRO_shower drain funnel v7.gcode

So now you are saying the printer works fine with Cura except that you have to wait for the bed to heat up?  Is that the only "bug"?  There is a trick to get the nozzle to start heating up when the bed gets to a particular temperature but is that the only thing you care about?

Nevermind I think the settings are working. Thanks for helping out in this older topic.

3 hours ago, dotted7 said:

Seems inefficient but nozzle temperature only starts heating up after bed heating. Still not convinced the printer is using the other Cura settings though.

Not all power supplies can handle a full load on the bed and a full load on the hot end at the same time.  That's why people buy the Ender 3 Pro.  It has a more robust power supply (and more robust Y beam and better wheels).