Probe Bed

Start printing

I want to order the first print steps as:

Heat Bed

Home

Probe Bed while heating nozzle

Wait for nozzle heated (if needed)

Start printing

The problem I am having is that while probing I am getting filament oozing from the nozzle, but If I waited until the probe started, then the oozing would at least be less.

Posted · Reordering commands around BLTouch/Heating

FYI - UM printers use the actual nozzle to probe so they need to be hot.  Otherwise a tiny bit of plastic on the tip of the nozzle would mess up auto leveling.

Anyway to answer your question - in Cura go to the machine settings.

Machine settings are usually here:  go to left side of screen in PREPARE mode.  Click on your printer, then do "manage printers" then "machine settings"

In there is start and end gcode.  That's where you change the order.  

You want "M104" and "M140" which heat the nozzle and bed respectively but don't wait.  Then you do M109 and M190 at the end (which wait for full temp to be achieved).

More details on gcodes here:

https://www.reprap.org/wiki/G-code

• Like 1

Posted · Reordering commands around BLTouch/Heating
    11 hours ago, jhihn said:

The problem I am having is that while probing I am getting filament oozing from the nozzle, but If I waited until the probe started, then the oozing would at least be less.

Some previous discussion and a solution can be found here : 

Easy way to do it that I use on my cr10s pro v2 for exactly the reason you describe - pre-heat the nozzle to 150 degrees Celsius, do the bed leveling, then have the nozzle heat up the last few degrees = no dribble from the nozzle but bed leveling is still accurate because things have been heated when the measurements are taken ( accounting for thermal expansion ).

The G-code needed is as follows :

M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Heat up bed

M109 S150 ;Heat up extruder to non-oozing temperature of 150 Celsius

G28 ;Home

G29 ;ABL procedure

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Finish heating the extruder to the g-code file specified print temperature

Props to fellow Cura forum user Ahoeben for providing the solution. 

• Like 1