Ultimaker App

3dprntz

Posted · Ultimaker App

I got a UM3 and I am playing around with the app. Connecting to the cloud is a bit trivial and gives problems. The screen for the webpage sometimes doesn't pop up. Also, I can't get it to connect to my digital factory.

The other thing I noticed is with the new Ultimaker update, there isn't the print from your phone feature anymore where it could print a file from your phone or youmagine. Is there still a way to access that and have that ability? Also, is digital factory the only way to print remotely from out of the network.

Thanks

Posted · Ultimaker App

The mobile app is old and wasn't updated the last 2 years. I don't know if there will be an update in the future, because the focus is on the Digital Factory which has got much more features than the app every had.

Why is the DF not an option for you?

Posted · Ultimaker App

I've updated the printer and tried connecting it and it hasn't seemed to work. I do like the idea of printing remotely from my phone and doing it from the app. I am away from the station most of the time and off the network, so I like the idea of controlling everything from my phone.

Posted · Ultimaker App

You can access digital factory using webpage on your phone. I use both app and digital factory for UM3 as digital factory lacks features that the app has. It's a pain but I think the focus will be put more into digital factory and hopefully gain more features there for UM3. 

Posted · Ultimaker App
    On 10/22/2020 at 2:47 AM, 3dprntz said:

With Digitial Factory, you have to be on the same network for it to work? Or is there a way that I can be away and off the network and remotely print something?

You can set up to be cloud based now with the Digitial Factory, so you can check in on printers and manage them from any network. I personally check in via the web on my printers cameras when im at work to check they all printing fine.

This link will give you more info on how to setup and control: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/sections/360003557920-Ultimaker-Digital-Factory