Cura 7.1 printing item smaller than what it says in Cura.

marinus

Posted · Cura 7.1 printing item smaller than what it says in Cura.

Hi, so I'm having a problem with Cura 7.1 all of a sudden. It's that it somehow prints objects smaller than what it says it's going to be. I tested my machine to see if something is wrong with the firmware but it moves a solid 100mm when I tell it to through the USB connection using the laptop as a host.

This is the model:

Can it be that Cura is somehow producing a scaling error when generating the gcode? What kind of information can I share to find out what's the exact issue here?

Thanks for your time. My browser is tripping out after adding in a picture so I hope it's readable when I post this topic.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 19.22.52.png

what axis is the one that is the most problem?  x,y, or z?

What is the expected size and measured size?

How far off is it?

Typically it's either off by a lot (2X) or a little (0.2mm).

Okay, I am a bit ashamed. It turns out that my digital calipers are broken. I cannot reset it to zero anymore, causing all my measurements to be distorted and therefor the print being distorted and also me measuring the wrongly printed part with broken calipers. I just got out my analog calipers and apparently Cura is doing fine. Redesigned the part and now it prints in the correct ratio.

Once again, sorry..

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Cura 7.1 printing item smaller than what it says in Cura.
    3 hours ago, marinus said:

Okay, I am a bit ashamed. It turns out that my digital calipers are broken. I cannot reset it to zero anymore, causing all my measurements to be distorted and therefor the print being distorted and also me measuring the wrongly printed part with broken calipers. I just got out my analog calipers and apparently Cura is doing fine. Redesigned the part and now it prints in the correct ratio.

Once again, sorry..

Rapidly caught and well spotted, most wouldn't think to check their measurement tools 😄

Don't be ashamed or apologetic and thank you for updating  your post so no one is chasing white rabbits. 

Edited by Longtoke
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...