Longer Cube 2 Printer

Wllmsnamy

Posted · Longer Cube 2 Printer

I am currently using Cura software for my Lulzbot Taz Pro with no issues.  To keep my children off the Taz Pro printer I have purchased the Longer Cube 2 printer, says compatible with Cura software however when I select "add printer" to cura and go through the list of printers I do not see the Longer Cube 2 printer.  What brand/model printer do I select to use cura software with the longer cube 2 printer?

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I just one for my son for Christmas and ran into the same thing. It even came with Cura on SDcard to use. I think there is a newer version then is available, so I’ll try that and report back. There is also newer firmware, but of course that address this topic.

Unless you know that some other production printer shares your printer size, firmware flavor, etc, you have to add it as a "Custom FFF" printer.  After adding it and selecting a name, go to Machine Settings and make changes to the bed size, shape, and the other things there.  Very few non-delta printers use Center Zero so make sure that is turned off and you need to select the proper "Gcode Flavor".  If you are unsure of the "flavor" start with Marlin, but you really need to check with the printer manufacturer and find out for sure what firmware the printer runs on.

The "Print Head Settings" (X Min, Y Min, Gantry height, etc.) don't become involved unless you were to select "One at a time" as a print mode in Cura.