Could NOT find AppImageKit (missing: APPIMAGEKIT_APPIMAGETOOL_EXECUTABLE APPIMAGEKIT_APPRUN_EXECUTABLE)

jasonetherton

Posted · Could NOT find AppImageKit (missing: APPIMAGEKIT_APPIMAGETOOL_EXECUTABLE APPIMAGEKIT_APPRUN_EXECUTABLE)

Hi,

So far I've spent about a day setting everything up to build Cura 4.8.

I have followed the steps for native build of cura-build-environment which appears to work fine (no errors) and so I attempted the Ubuntu native cura-build, including the AppImage step which recommended to download a pre-built one.  I have done this, renamed it to appimagetool, saved it to $HOME/Applications and added that to my $PATH.  I can execute appimagetool.

Now, when I run cmake ..  I get the following:

-- Found Python3: /usr/bin/python3.8 (found version "3.8.5") found components: Interpreter
CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/local/lib/cmake/Arcus/ArcusConfig.cmake:30 (set):
  implicitly converting '' to 'STRING' type.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  projects/CuraEngine.cmake:1 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:106 (include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Found Python3: /usr/bin/python3.8 (found suitable version "3.8.5", minimum required is "3.4") found components: Interpreter
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146 (message):
  Could NOT find AppImageKit (missing: APPIMAGEKIT_APPIMAGETOOL_EXECUTABLE
  APPIMAGEKIT_APPRUN_EXECUTABLE)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:393 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindAppImageKit.cmake:5 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  packaging/python3.7/linux.cmake:2 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:124 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I have also copied the renamed appimagetool to /usr/bin - no joy.

I'm sorry if I have missed something basic, but I spent yesterday afternoon trying different things, including downloading different Git repos of AppImageKit, but all with the same result.

One thing I did was grep the build files for AppImageKit, and it appears that the filename needs to be "appimagetool.AppImage" - this is not mentioned in the instructions linked above - is this a documentation issue?

Once renamed the "APPIMAGEKIT_APPIMAGETOOL_EXECUTABLE" part of the error is no longer reported, but I still get the "APPIMAGEKIT_APPRUN_EXECUTABLE" error.

So, my question is:  What do I need to do for cmake to be able to locate and use AppImageKit, specifically AppRun?

Thanks,

Jason

Posted (edited) · Could NOT find AppImageKit (missing: APPIMAGEKIT_APPIMAGETOOL_EXECUTABLE APPIMAGEKIT_APPRUN_EXECUTABLE)

I'm far from an expert on building Cura from scratch. Truth be told, I've never done so.

As far as I know, the AppRun executable should be in the AppDir that has been created. If all else fails, you could try extracting the AppRun file from an official AppImage.

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1