x axis issues

roccop

Posted · x axis issues

Hi Guys 

I was wondering if you can help me I have been having issues with my S5 printer as it has been overloading my power and tripping my board over the last week or two

I noticed last night that the rod for the X axis has fallen out what would cause this, im a little concerned that such an expensive machine does this. how do i fix it. will this continue to happen or will it be solved once repaired 

Posted · x axis issues

Contact your reseller and he will send you new sliding blocks.

It seems in some rare cases the sliding block deforms slightly, maybe due to a higher temperature, and then the rod falls out.

Posted · x axis issues

I had the same issue after about 2500hrs of printing, I had to buy the blocks myself though since the reseller refused to provide them under warranty. Sometimes it makes you wonder what warranty is actually for.

Anyways, after changing them out the printer works great again. So yeah, if they are falling out then you definitely need new blocks. The rods should snap in and be held quite tightly.