scale

mboccus

"os scaling"?  Is that t typo?  What does it do?  I can't find anything in the settings for example.

If you click on a part to highlight it, several options occur on the left side including a scaling button.  Is that what you want?  To scale your part?

4 hours ago, gr5 said:

"os scaling"?  Is that t typo?  What does it do?  I can't find anything in the settings for example.

If you click on a part to highlight it, several options occur on the left side including a scaling button.  Is that what you want?  To scale your part?

yes on the 4.8 version is not apear

What?  I still don't understand.  "yes" to what?  It's a typo?  Then what did you mean?  Maybe you can show a screen shot?  I'm sure over 10,000 people have tried 4.8 and I haven't heard any other "scaling" issues.

Here try answering all of these numbers below.  I don't think you answered any of my questions.

1) is "os scaling" a typo?

2) What does "os scaling" do?

3) Do you want to scale the part?

3b) If so did you try clicking on the part and when you click on the part does it put a blue highlight around the part?

3c) If yes then do you see 4 or so buttons on the left side?

Posted (edited) · scale

i apologize for my short reply, a attache a screenshop to be more understanding, in another word i can't scale the part as usually on V4.7 was apearing.

Capture d’écran du 2020-11-15 16-08-34.png

Edited by mboccus
    mistype

Wow!  That looks like a Cura bug!  Try installing cura on a different computer.  I've never seen that before.

Actually looking closer - those 3 yellow buttons look wrong.  I think the button is there but just has the wrong icon.  Try clicking on each button!  One of them, second one down - even though it looks like "rotate" it might actually be "scale".  Try clicking on that one.

The yellow buttons are just the three extruders. That should be fine.

The tools on the left side are all plugins. First step is: click on "Marketplace" (upper right corner) and check if the "Scale Tool"-plugin is installed and activated (!).

• Like 2

Oh!!! Maybe that's it.  @mboccus - after clicking on marketplace click on the top right corner of that window: "installed".  Scroll down it is simply called "scale tool".

gr5 , tks for yr reply but unfortunately on marketplace , i search for scale tool, any plugin  found .

the second icon is only rotate and lay flat1727121671_Capturedcrandu2020-11-1608-19-51.thumb.png.0d68ad27216bb9c8b6bab68eb53115cc.png

with same profile and stl files on 4.7.1 version it's apear to be there the scale tool, note all is on Linux 64bits

I have Ubuntu and the appImage works for me.  There are many issues with video drivers and openGL (cura uses openGL) where sometimes things don't display.  I suspect it is related to openGL and your graphics card.

Try updating all the drivers for your graphics card and try updating openGL.

Sometimes I have to exit cura and go back in.  For example sometimes it looks like all the checkboxes are blank.  I just exit cura and start again and things are fine for a few more days.

but if i use the 4.71 version all is perfect  

Well you can blow away all the installed files by cura.  Do "help" "show configuration folder" and two folders pop open.  Close cura and delete everything in those folder trees and then try 4.8 again.

Or stick with 4.71.  I mostly use version 4.0 for the last year and I'm very happy with it.  4.71 is a great version of Cura.

To be clear - when you run the 4.8 appImage, I think it uses a lot of the files in those 2 configuration folders and some of them may have been created by 4.7.1 or upgraded from the 4.7.1 files.  Either way, if you delete them all and restart cura it regenerates them all from scratch.