Model won't centre.

Mugsy70

Posted · Model won't centre.

I Have a Labists ET4 printer. Everything was working fine until i upgraded from 4.7.1. to 4.8.

Now when i try to print it won't centre my work. It prints in the front left hand corner, over hanging base.

Before it starts to print, i can centre the extruder by pressing the home button. But doesn't centre when printing.

I emailed support@labists.com and was informed it's a problem with Cura's software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan (newby of 2 months)

I feel like you are the 100th person to have this issue in the last few months.

go to left side of screen in PREPARE mode.  Click on your printer, then do "manage printers" then "machine settings", Uncheck "origin at center".  Reslice.

Strange.  If you look at the gcode are half the points having negative X and Y values?

As a quick hack - position your part in the right/rear corner in cura.

So now I feel like someone else had your issue but I can't remember what the solution was, sorry.

Oh I remember now.  On that same screen with the checkbox, check the dimensions of your print area.  If they are set (for example) to half the actual size then you will find it printing in the lower left of your print bed.

Well done gr5. You sorted. The X Y Z were all set at 100mm instead of 200MM.

For information:-

When i got this printer in September  I had a lot of models that wouldn't stick down properly. Got in touch with Labists who said that the temp on the base should be 60' and the extruder should be 240' when i pointed out to them that their manual  recommended 50' and 200' they admitted it was printed wrong, but were not going to change till next year. I also got a roll of decorators blue tape.

I've not had anything come loose since.

Once again thanks for your help.

• Like 1

If you are using blue tape, it is important to clean the waxy side with isopropyl alcohol.  It only takes a few seconds.  This removes the waxy surface and your parts will stick even better.

Ok will do. Any suggestions where i should get some?

Any painters store.  Oh - isopropyl alcohol?  No idea.  In the USA it's in every drug store or supermarket next to the bandages.  We use it to clean wounds and it makes a nice solvent for cleaning things.  Acetone will probably work if you don't have any IPA.  Ihave never tried acetone.  If it works, then after it will feel a little more like paper and less like wax.  Ethyl alcohol might work (e.g. vodka)?  Hand sanitizer might work?

I suspect you can get it any hardware store that also sells paint.

Bonjour, j'ai aussi le problème avec l'impression qui n'est pas au centre mais pour mon imprimante en haut à droite (quand on est face à la machine) et je n'ai pas compris votre explication -->"vérifiez les dimensions de votre zone d'impression. S'ils sont définis (par exemple) sur la moitié de la taille réelle, vous les trouverez en impression dans le coin inférieur gauche de votre lit d'impression"

Merci par avance pour votre aide

Capture.PNG