Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura 4.7.1 Pause at Height Skipping Layer

Posted · Cura 4.7.1 Pause at Height Skipping Layer

Hey everyone, trying to figure out an issue with my Ender 3 Pro using Cura's pause at height plugin. For some reason, it seems to skip the layer before the pause, and I'm not sure exactly why. For these settings, I watched the part be printed, and it printed fully at the 1.8 layer, paused, then resumed at 2.2, essentially skipping the layer at Z=2. I've attached my plugin settings as well as the section of the GCode where I believe the issue is, but I don't know enough about it to understand what the issue is. Using the latest TH3D firmware for the 4.2.7 silent board. Any help is appreciated!

PauseAtHeightSettings.PNG

GcodeSegment.PNG

After digging into the GCode file, it looks like there may be a bug in the Pause at Height script.  I tried again but this time selecting the "Redo layer" and it went from 1.8 > 2.2 > 2.0 and then resumed layers regularly.  And digging into this GCode it appears to do 2.2 twice, so the initial script looks like it's seeing that split second of being at Z=2 and that's all there is for that layer.  I've attached my GCode files for the two scripts with and without selecting the "redo layer" option

M0BuiltInLayerNoRedo.gcode M0BuiltInLayerRedo.gcode

• 2 weeks later...

There are several bug reports and a lot of discussion of this on Github.  The Cura team knows about the bug.  It appears it is not an easy fix.  I think "at height" works better if adaptive layers is off and there are no z-hops changing the height all the time.

Sometimes with a newer version of Cura these kind of options don't work any more, they will be fixed in newer updates so sometimes you have to wait a little or use an older version!

The times I used this option, it was always with "pause at layer"... therefore never noticed that "pause at height" didn't work.