Set home position in Cura

BlazyCrane

Posted · Set home position in Cura

Whenever I load an STL into Cura it is centered on my the virtual build plate. However when I slice and go to print it on my ender 3 pro; it starts trying to print the center of the object at my printers home which is the front left corner. a temporary fix has been to move the objects into the back right quadrant before slicing but this will only work for small objects.

When I look at the empty virtual bed (picture below), I see the marker which I assume is the Home spot for the program, and despite looking over most of the Cura settings i cant seem to find the default home positioning. How do I move the Home marker to the front left to reflect my printer setup?

image.thumb.png.0dd322c4d82e2072733bb9aa633bd219.png

• Like 1

Posted · Set home position in Cura

The red/blue/green symbol shows where 0,0,0 is located (x,y,z)=(0,0,0).  Which is the front left corner of your printer.  You need to move that symbol to the front left corner:

Go to left side of screen in PREPARE mode.  Click on your printer, then do "manage printers" then "machine settings", Uncheck "origin at center".  Also check the dimensions of your bed - for example, if it says your bed is 100mm wide but it is actually 200mm wide then it will be printing on the left half of your print bed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...