Cura 4.8 prints in air with Optimize Wall Printing Order enabled

brtzor

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.8 prints in air with Optimize Wall Printing Order enabled

Optimization is great but i got small problem. One layer is printed in the air...

451428131_Zrzutekranu2020-12-12o14_22_05.thumb.png.17aef6d3b6b175ab1aabe516f1b1e3e8.png

Edited by brtzor
corrected auto correction

Posted · Cura 4.8 prints in air with Optimize Wall Printing Order enabled

It would be better if you included the file you are trying to slice and print (we can see what an issue may be). It could just be the model. The most optimal would be the project file since we could see everything including the model.

I checked the model separate from the project file and it is a really good model.

In Cura (opened the project file, Did not recognize anything machine related) and got this warning:

UnknownMachineType.jpg.6bdb58d9c1524e14470663072686dbfc.jpg 😞 

Sorry about that, but sliced it anyway and this is layer 1 in what I would say could be considered as a generic slice as it follows all the geometry properly. It is not a really uique pattern.

787253178_Layer1.thumb.jpg.693ca0dd8ece6cad498e8d5507070641.jpg

I do not know what the model is for, but it has voids in it that could weaken the part. Here is an image with the voids shown in the preview mode and then sliced up to a point to demonstrate the thin walls and not much infill. I do not know if this would be a problem or part of the design itself.

1481152790_voids1.thumb.jpg.8209d9373d6826343e68e13cd59f2024.jpg

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.8 prints in air with Optimize Wall Printing Order enabled

Thanks :), it is a prototype model for glue dosing made in TinkerCad ;).

I dunno why you can not open the project, maybe because it was created on macOS, I'm sorry didn't tell you. That's the reason why I use Cura slicer- my machine is Ender 3 Pro and Creality's slicer is not available for me...

last screenshot bothers me... It looks different on my PC but I use almost full infill with 6 walls.

I remember i had similar issue with one model taken from thingiverse but I forgot which one... This one i have change a lil bit and now it seems to be ok.

Edited by brtzor

Yeah, the model is very well made. 👍  It occurred to me a bit belatedly that I am on an older version of Cura. I just got back online for the first time in a long time so I have to catch up to firmware and software, so it may just not be backwards compatible on the project file.

Hopefully someone who is more up to date can help with the project file 🙂 Sorry I could not help there.

quick question:

Is the opening in the middle part an intended feature, or is there something missing?

(picture is from your stl file)

grafik.thumb.png.ec3e060cddcb468f19010da453f19767.png

It's a mistake, anything else is wrong with my model? Is that the reason why my machine prints it in air?

regardless of the modeling mistake, it is a watertight model. Just out of curiosity, did you try an earlier version of Cura?

Yup I have tried 4.7.1 and 4.8. I will try IdeaMaker I cannot deal with super long travels (through whole model) is Cura...