Post processing question, am I doing this right?

setlab

Posted (edited) · Post processing question, am I doing this right?

I've begun to explore some of the more advanced features in Cura with post processing but have ran into an issue. 

I want to learn how to add a pause at a specific layer height, however when I do my printer's firmware (tiny machines) thinks I have run out of filament and prompts me to click yes/no. Yes does nothing even after a very long time and no aborts the print. I've added a few pictures if I didn't described it very well. 

Did I fill out the post processing options correctly or do I need to do something differently to pause at layer 9 and then successfully resume my print? BTW I'm also using the newest version of Cura 4.8 I think it is now. 

20201222_005433.jpg

20201222_005222.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-033138_Gallery.jpg

20201222_005158.jpg

Edited by setlab

• setlab changed the title to Post processing question, am I doing this right?
    Posted · Post processing question, am I doing this right?

What does the M0 command represent? My printer is a crs10 pro, I just flashed it with tiny machines version of Marlin's firmware. I'm not sure is the problem originates with my firmware or just my knowledge of Cura. Where can I read about different options?

Posted · Post processing question, am I doing this right?

It would appear that Tiny Machines is a re-seller of various manufacturers printers and that they upload their own firmware.  To make sure, you need to go back to Tiny Machines and find out what the gcode pause command should be, and how to restart.

Layer numbers in a Gcode file are "Base 0" and in Cura they are "Base 1".  When you look at a preview in Cura and decide that you want to pause at layer 9 then in the Pause at Height dialog you would enter an 8 (the Cura  layer -1).