Ultimaker and OctoPrint Poll

Nicolinux

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Posted · Ultimaker and OctoPrint Poll

Really want to but having problems getting it working properly.

Managed to get it connected and inserted the pre/post gcode for printing but it's not working properly for me yet (sorry was a month or two ago that I tried so forget the finer details of what was wrong).

FYI - Printer is a shared one in our local MakeSpace so having the camera, usage stats, access control and all that OctoPrint brings would really benefit us.

Any tips on getting UM2 and OctoPrint would be very welcome!

Cheers,

Steve.

Using it with my UMO+ , just for running jobs off the sd card and making movies. Hoping to figure out how to use more features, logging, cura, etc and make improvements like showing the full name of files on the SD card and not just 8.3 truncated file names.

Really want to but having problems getting it working properly.

Managed to get it connected and inserted the pre/post gcode for printing but it's not working properly for me yet (sorry was a month or two ago that I tried so forget the finer details of what was wrong).

FYI - Printer is a shared one in our local MakeSpace so having the camera, usage stats, access control and all that OctoPrint brings would really benefit us.

Any tips on getting UM2 and OctoPrint would be very welcome!

Cheers,

Steve.

Maybe this will help:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/6181-installing-octoprint-for-the-ultimaker-2

It's a few months old but maybe it can help

I'm not using it because i'm next to the printer most of the time i print but it worked, and timelapses also

I had some trouble in the beginning to get it configured correctly. This was my first time I even saw a Raspberry Pi! :)

I had no knowledge of different Gcodes ("UltiGcode" & "RepRap" etc etc) and I struggled many hours for finding this settings in my Cura. After reading this feature was not yet implemented in the beta I switched to Cura 15.04.02 and got this first issue fixed.

The 2nd issue I had with Octoprint was the default start gcode and end gcode was not working properly for me. I tested many gcodes I found on the internet and got one working for my configuration perfectly. Issue fixed.

The 3rd issue I had was the webcam was not working. This was fixed fast, I bought an original Raspberry Pi camera and issue fixed. ;)

The 4the issue was the on remote web-access for the Octoprint configuration. (only with this feature working Octoprint would have an advantage to use for me) After setting up a DDNS account and opening the correct ports in our company firewall for the web-access, I got it all working. All issues fixed!

It took me several days to get Octoprint working cause I started with zero knowledge of Linux, Raspberry Pi and Gcodes. :)

But now it's working and this platform gives me a true advantage to use. Our 3D printer is located at my office which is 50km from where I live. In the beginning I helped myself with simple webcam (which I still use for the top view of my prints) and a Wemo switch (you can turn on and off the power on remote, this was quite handy for me when I saw a print going wrong cause I didn't have to travel 50km to turn the printer off)

But now I got a real true interface to manage my printer on remote.

The webcam still needs a mount which goes together with my platform but I'm working on it. Still haven't found a good mount for my raspberry pi camera. I prefer one that can be mounted on the print platform for timelapse movies.

Here are a few screenshots of my octoprint config right now printing on remote. :)

This is the old webcam I'm still using still using for the top view (you can see the real amateur mount-tape-solution I'm currently using for the Rasp cam)

HZTaV1E.jpg

And here are a few screenshots for my Octoprint working. (finally :p)

vM04UPE.jpg

doQ9sJh.jpg

I can only recommend Octoprint!

• Like 2

Those timelapse movies are really awesome :D