Problem on one sid of the object

faraso

Posted · Problem on one sid of the object

Hello, I've been using cura for several months now and my 3d prints suddenly come up really bad, I have tried many things to correct them but nothing has worked yet. I really need your opinions. The problem seems like it is software based because I can print the cube file that came with the printer really beautifully. Thanks in advance.

20210116_091240413_iOS.jpg

20210115_142810342_iOS.jpg

The cube file is smaller and more importantly, doesn't take as long to print.

What printer are you using?

What version of Cura?

If applicable - when is the last time you checked your hot end for clogs or a gap?

thank you for your message. I'm using cura 4.8 and my printer is Twotrees sapphire pro, it's coreXY. I checked hotend and changed nozzle when this problem appeared, about a couple of weeks ago.

This looks like severe underextrusion. It could have lots of reasons: user gr5 has made a good list and tutorial video on this. See if you can find it here on the forum (I don't know the links), and check each item on the list.

I once made underextrusion tests. Your models look a bit like the 80-90% in my tests. This is PLA. (Lack of light, translucent filament, and narrow depth of field of the camera don't help the photo quality, but you get the idea.)

DSCN5958.thumb.JPG.f972ac1f60bcccd9f458f7e72e733214.JPG

DSCN5959.thumb.JPG.873a128c74ffe775d0c8618a9184ce43.JPG

DSCN5960.thumb.JPG.d4d915f17487566fb9441e5e3513bbaf.JPG

DSCN5961.thumb.JPG.61d59e03eaa01165eba305ae4180e900.JPG

DSCN5962.thumb.JPG.f555322f8bebd98812c9252f4d08b7ee.JPG

DSCN5963.thumb.JPG.dd9d9b82c6e24094349994fc00d2a202.JPG

Double check your Cura Machine Settings and make sure that your Gcode Flavor is NOT "Marlin(Volumetric)".  Then check your printer firmware and make sure Volumetric Extrusion is turned off there as well.  In my Ender that setting is called "E in mm/3".

There are a lot of Flow settings in Cura.  If you search for "Flow" you can double check that they are all at 100%.

If the Extruder Steps/mm are out-of-calibration then under or over extrusion can result.  Since you have tried to increase the flow (from the LCD?) that probably isn't the issue.

6 hours ago, GregValiant said:

Double check your Cura Machine Settings and make sure that your Gcode Flavor is NOT "Marlin(Volumetric)".  Then check your printer firmware and make sure Volumetric Extrusion is turned off there as well.  In my Ender that setting is called "E in mm/3".

There are a lot of Flow settings in Cura.  If you search for "Flow" you can double check that they are all at 100%.

If the Extruder Steps/mm are out-of-calibration then under or over extrusion can result.  Since you have tried to increase the flow (from the LCD?) that probably isn't the issue.

Where do I find Volumetric Extrusion setting? What gcode flavor should I set?

In the main Cura window click on your printer name and choose Manage Printers then select Machine Settings.  On the left are the basic settings and one of them is Gcode Flavor.  Plain old Marlin should do.

I'm not home and can't access my printer but in the Ender I think Volumetric is under Filament.  I have CRS disease and can't really recall.  The printer and Cura need to match or one will be thinking mm³ and the other is thinking plain mm.  Usually (if this is the problem) it's the printer that got inadvertently set to volumetric and under-extrusion is the result.