Utimaker S5 vs Ultimaker 3 Extended Print Quality

dimtech

Posted · Utimaker S5 vs Ultimaker 3 Extended Print Quality

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why our UMS5 would have a significantly worse print quality than our UM3 Extended? As shown in the picture (sorry if it is a little blurry), there are visible horizontal lines along the whole height of the print in the UM5 along with a vertical seam, whereas in the UM3E neither is present. Also, the indent in the cone towards the top is part of the print.

I have double checked every setting in the advanced settings tab and they are the exact same on each printer, aside from I think the travel speed and one of the material temperatures that the S5 couldn't match on the UM3E. Both printers have been XY calibrated and are only a month old or so, and both printers are using the same materials - white UM ABS and UM White Breakaway - although this print isn't using any support.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

1848407638_3vsS5.PNG.fd4abacd2f4aa9d33af39cd677388bf3.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Utimaker S5 vs Ultimaker 3 Extended Print Quality

From first looks it seems to me just looking at the end product that in your CURA settings the S5 has higher height of layers. Have you checked the CURA settings? - to see if they are the same. S3 looks fine and S5 looks draft quality. 

Edited by zakeen

Posted · Utimaker S5 vs Ultimaker 3 Extended Print Quality

I also recommend to use the Intent Profiles with the S5, they are optimized for the printer. If you want to have a perfect surface finish I would use the Visual profile.