Excellent print quality out of the box - UM2+ Connect

kroete

Posted · Excellent print quality out of the box - UM2+ Connect

I received my first Ultimaker yesterday, the Ultimaker 2+ Connect and I am amazed by the print quality it produces out of the box without any levelling! In previous posts I was quite negative about Ultimaker as I thought they are n ot very innovative in comparison to e.g. Prusa but now having am Ultimaker myself and able to compare the print quality I totally changed my opinion.

For example the bed adhesion of my UM is unlike anything I ever experienced. I didn't apply any spray or glue to the glass plate and the print parts stick to it like a rock, it is unbelievable. 

I still need to print more to fully experience the UM but so far I am really impressed and can justify the amount of money I spent on it.

Attached are image of a first test print out of Cura which shows the result.

DSC_0346.jpeg

DSC_0348.jpeg

DSC_0349.jpeg

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are happy with your new printer. 

And yes, I can fully confirm that the UM2+Connect is a great printer, I love mine too.

Printing on clean glass is possible, but I would still recommend a very thing layer of glue stick. Make some stripes and distribute it with a wet towel. Thats enough and gives you more safety. A thin layer of glue also protects your glass and can help to remove the prints easier when the bed cools down.

1 hour ago, kroete said:

I was quite negative about Ultimaker as I thought they are n ot very innovative in comparison to e.g. Prusa but now having am Ultimaker myself and able to compare the print quality I totally changed my opinion.

I tested some months a Prusa printer and in the end I sold it again. Features and brand new innovations is one part, but when you cannot rely on a constant and stable print, then all the features are useless. When someone only knows Creality or Prusa printers, then they are probably happy with it, but as soon as you try a professional printer you know where the differences are.

Have fun with your new printer and if you have any questions we are here nearly 24x7 following the sun 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
    On 1/27/2021 at 2:22 PM, kroete said:

I received my first Ultimaker yesterday, the Ultimaker 2+ Connect and I am amazed by the print quality it produces out of the box without any levelling! In previous posts I was quite negative about Ultimaker as I thought they are n ot very innovative in comparison to e.g. Prusa but now having am Ultimaker myself and able to compare the print quality I totally changed my opinion.

For example the bed adhesion of my UM is unlike anything I ever experienced. I didn't apply any spray or glue to the glass plate and the print parts stick to it like a rock, it is unbelievable. 

I still need to print more to fully experience the UM but so far I am really impressed and can justify the amount of money I spent on it.

Attached are image of a first test print out of Cura which shows the result.

DSC_0346.jpeg

DSC_0348.jpeg

DSC_0349.jpeg

Would you mind sharing the file? Just got mine Ultimaker 2+ Connect and doing some test print too.